LEGAL SERVICES UNIT
To provide legal services to the Commission.
The Unit will perform the following activities:
- Provide legal advice and guidance in the issuance, suspension, renewal, revocation, surrender, cancellation and transfer of mineral licenses and permits;
- Participate in the negotiations of Mineral Development Agreements (MDAs) and any other arrangements or agreements;
- Provide legal opinion in all matters relating to mining industry including contracts for provision of procurement services;
- Draft legal documents for the Commission;
- Handle and manage all Cases and Arbitrations by or against the Commission in the courts of law; and
- Monitor general compliance with the laid down standards in mining operations, laws and regulations and the terms and conditions of mineral rights.
This Unit will be led by a Director and will consist of two schedules each led by a Principal Legal Officer as follows:-.
Departments & Units