MINERAL AUDIT AND TRADE DEPARTMENT
To audit financial, local contents, minerals production and sales; manage minerals trade and counteract minerals smuggling.
- To monitor and audit quality and quantity of minerals produced and sold by large, medium and small scale miners;
- To audit exploration cost, capital investment, revenue generated and operating expenditure of the mining entities;
- To analyse minerals samples, sort and assess values of minerals produced by large, medium and small scale miners;
- To counteract minerals smuggling, minerals royalty evasion, manage minerals trade and operations of all Minerals and Gem Houses; and
- To audit local contents and Corporate Social Responsibility actual performance against the approved plans; and verify CSR compliance with regards to disclosure requirements.
This Department will be led by a Director and will comprise of three sections as follows:
Departments & Units